Animal Gyan-Encyclopedia for Kids
Planet Earth consists of millions of wildlife species – some of them are visible to us on a daily basis while others live in wild forests or other humanly uninhabitable places. But despite this, each animal has its own biology and possess some unique characteristics which differentiate them from the rest of the animal kingdom – be it the long neck of the Giraffe, the black and white stripes of zebra, huge physical structures of humpback whales, musical notes of a cuckoo bird or the ability to soar high in the sky of an eagle.
Animal Gyan – Encyclopedia for Kids is an original podcast series by Chimes Radio – India’s 1st Audio Platform for Kids – where we talk about different animals and their unique features to introduce the wonders of nature to our young listeners. While scientifically animals are divided into 5 different phyla (Invertebrates, Vertebrates, Arthropods, Mollusks, and Echinoderms), for the sake of simplicity, we have used a much simpler categorization of Land (terrestrial), Water (aquatic), and Air (aerial) animals. In other words, Animal Gyan – Encyclopedia for Kids is a special “listen to” podcast for children. This book of knowledge as an audio story for kids provides them with an overview of some of the most popular animals. We are here to give some amazing facts about animals for kids which probably. So let’s hop into these 2-minutes short audio animal encyclopedias to know more about the members of our animal kingdom!
Alternately, our Original Podcasts are also available on your favourite streaming apps like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Gaana, Jio Saavn etc. Don’t forget to visit our other podcasts too.
In the podcast series, Animal Gyan – Encyclopedia for Kids, we will talk about land animals. A land animal or terrestrial animal is one that live on land. Listed below are some popular land animals that you ought to know about along with some of their fascinating characteristics.
- Cats– Did you know how long cats can sleep and how deep is their nap time? Listen to this short podcast to know it all along with some other amazing facts about these cute pets, cats.
- Horses– Do you know how many breeds of horses exist and which is the most famous racecourse in India? Know a lot of such amazing and interesting facts about this fast running animal, horses, in this short kid’s podcast.
- Tigers– Do you know that Tigers are India’s national animal? Would you like to know how fast can they run and how long can an adult tiger grow? Let’s find these and other amazing and interesting facts about Tigers in this byte-sized podcast for kids.
- Rats– Let us find some interesting facts about rats and also which is the world’s largest rat-free populated area in this short byte-sized podcast for kids on animal facts.
- Squirrels– Do you know about these little but fun-loving animals? Why squirrels can jump from such heights with so much ease? Interesting facts about squirrels to learn in our short podcasts for kids.
- Elephants– Do you know everything about this big mammal, Elephant, which all the kids find so adoring? If not, listen to this podcast to find about their most striking body parts and also what are they scared of. The perfect way to learn some amazing facts about Elephants.
- Bears– Do you know what Teddy, Ballu, and Yogi The Bear have in common? Hear this podcast to know more about this favorite animal of kids “Bear” who sits in every kids bedroom as the most loved toy and learn some amazing facts about this great animal.
- Giraffes- Do you know what’s a group of giraffe called? Like fingerprints in humans, what’s their unique identity? If not, listen on to this podcast which is intentionally kept short for kids, and learn some amazing facts about Giraffes.
- Zebras– Does Zebra have White stripes on the Black body or Black stripes on the White body? Let’s find out about this and many more amazing facts about Zebra in this short animal facts podcast.
- Sheep- Baa Baa Black Sheep, how much wool you give in your lifetime? Find out the answer to this and many more interesting facts about this lovable farm animal.
- Cockroaches– These tiny little trouble makers are often considered quite scary by kids. Let us find some interesting trivia about these cockroaches in this short kid’s podcast.
- Rabbits– Rabbits are cute and cuddly animals and are often very popular among kids. Running all around in the parks and a key part of so many popular kid’s stories, let’s find out some amazing facts about Rabbits in this short kids’ podcast.
- Fox– Fox is considered to be a very clever animal. Join us in this kid’s special podcast to learn a few amazing facts about the fox.
- Snakes– Snakes are worshiped in a lot of places in India while there are hundreds of thousands of people who are scared of them too. Let’s find out a few amazing facts about these animals in this short kids’ podcast.
- Lions– This king of the jungle is greatly loved as well as feared by kids. Having watched his enormous characters in movies and read about it in storybooks, let us now get to know a few amazing and interesting facts about ferocious Lions.
- Deer– Deer are cute, fast and hold a great significance in Hindu mythology. So let’s hear this kid’s podcast to learn a few amazing facts about Deer.
- Wolves– Wolves are considered quite ferocious but the Jungle Book taught us that they can also be kind as Mowgli grew up in a pack of these. Let’s check this kid’s podcast and learn a few amazing facts about these wild animals Wolves.
- Spider- We all love the superhero who has webs flying out of his hands and how he fights the evil. But this podcast is not about him but on the animal who gave him those superpowers. Come join us to know some amazing animal facts about Spiders
- Ostrich– Ostriches are one of the few animals who are birds but can’t fly. Let’s learn some amazing and interesting facts about Ostrich in this short kid’s podcast.
- Scorpions– Considered one of the dangerous animals but equally interesting too, scorpions have more than 2000 species. But do you know which are the most dangerous species? And why do they glow in the night if UV light is thrown on them? Let’s find these amazing and interesting facts about scorpions in this short kids’ podcast
- Kangaroo– Kangaroo is the national animal of Australia and the proud mascot of a number of their national sports teams. But do you know how do they protect themselves? What is their little baby called? Let’s find out all these amazing and interesting facts about Kangaroos in our kid’s special podcast
- Koala– Koalas are cute little animals and often called Koala Bear. But do you know they are actually not bears? Found commonly in Australia, do you know how much water do they drink daily? Let’s find out all these and other amazing animal facts about Koalas in this kids’ podcast
- Peacocks– Peacocks are National Birds of India and well known for their beauty and dances, especially during the rains. Full of colors, they are a charm to watch. Let’s find out some interesting and amazing facts about peacocks in this kids’ podcast.
- Chameleon– Chameleons are also known as “Masters of disguise” but do you know what controls their ability to change their skin color? And which color indicates that it is best to avoid them at the time? Let’s find out all these interesting facts in this kid’s podcast
- Earthworms– Earthworms are both scary as kids often confuse them with small snakes but also these are considered quite cute by other sets of kids due to their representation in various cartoons. These creatures can only survive in wet conditions. Do you know what is their favorite spot? Also why earthworms are so critical for survival of human race?
- Hippos– Hippopotamus literally means the water horse and is called so in the Hindi language “Dariyai Ghoda”. Though being mammals, they spent lots of time in the water because their bodies have been well adapted to do so. Would you like to know how? Let’s find out some other amazing facts about these interesting animals.
- Tigers: Do you know that tigers are the National animal of India? Would you like to know how fast they can run and how long can an adult tiger grow? Let’s find these and other amazing and interesting facts about Tigers in this byte-sized podcast for kids.
- Elephants: Do you know everything about this big mammal, Elephant, which all the kids find so adoring? If not, listen to this podcast to find about their most striking body parts and also what are they scared of. The perfect way to learn some amazing facts about Elephants.
- Squirrels: Do you know about this little but fun-loving animals? Why squirrels can jump from such heights with so much ease? Interesting facts about squirrels to learn in our short podcasts for kids.
- Snails: Do you know Snails have 14,000 teeth that act like shredder and help them with food? Having more than 50,000 species, snails are found in varying sizes from 16 inches to 5 mm. Do you know what’s the difference between slugs and snails? If not, let’s find out this and other interesting facts about snails in this kid’s animal encyclopedia.
- Moles: These little animals are quite famous for their digging ability. Having velvety skin, they have very tiny eyes. Let’s find some other interesting facts about these little yet interesting creatures – moles.
- Rhinos: Rhinos can weigh up to 1000 kgs but still, they are super fast when it comes to running. Named after combining two words, they can vary in size a lot. Belonging to horses and zebras family, they have very poor eye-sight. Would you like to find out some more interesting facts about these amazing animals?
- Donkey: Considered as one of the most hard-working, Donkeys are both wild and domesticated animals. Donkeys are contrary to general belief, are very sharp animals with a great memory. Let’s learn some interesting facts about this fascinating animal.
- Pangolins: Pangolins are basically nocturnal animals and have an almost impenetrable defense mechanism. Having poor eyesight, these animals are blessed with a great sense of smell. Let’s learn some more interesting facts about this unique animal
- Sloths: Just like you and me, sloths are also very lazy. These animals are the slowest moving animal in the world. Did you know once upon a time these animals were listed as one of the largest in the world? But now, they are just medium-sized animals hanging on the trees. To know more about these lazy little sloths listen to the entire podcast.
- Llama: Let us talk about these cool-looking land animals which are identicals to camels and sheep. Llamas are big friendly mammals that communicate musically with their herd by humming. These wool-bodied animals are native to South American Planes.
- Komodo Dragon: Let us talk about the world’s largest living lizards, Komodo Dragons. They dwell in dry and hot climates. These intelligent and playful animals can swim very efficiently. Despite their body weight, they run very fast.
- Gorilla: Let us talk about an animal that is man’s closest relative. Gorillas have 95% DNA common to man. African natives, these primates are the largest of the group. They are intelligent animals, who have been noted to respond to about 2000 spoken English words.
In the podcast series, Animal Gyan – Encyclopedia for Kids, we will talk about water animals. A water animal or aquatic animal are those that live in water. Listed below are some popular water animals that you ought to know about along with some of their fascinating characteristics.
- Dolphins- Learn all about the Dolphins – how they interact with each other, how do they call each other and how many stomachs do dolphins have?
- Penguins– Do you know how many species of Penguins are there and which are the smallest and largest of them all? What is their favorite activity? Let’s find out all these facts in these free online podcasts on animals.
- Octopus– How many arms does an Octopus have? Probably you know it already but do you know-how which is their largest species and how do they keep themselves safe from other animals?
- Starfish– These little fishes are a treat to the eye for kids owing to their shape. Their habitats are deep seas and oceans but are often looked for by people when they go for snorkeling. Let’s find some interesting things about Starfishes in this kid’s podcast.
- Swan– Learn all about these beautiful but hardworking animals “Swans” in this short podcast for kids.
- Eels– Eels are extremely interesting animals. They look like snakes but are actually fishes and have the ability to electrocute their predators. Let’s find some more interesting facts about this unique water animal.
- Frogs– Tons of fairy tales have been weaved around this interesting animal. Able to live both in water and on the land, Frogs are quite an interesting animal. Let’s find out some amazing facts about frogs in this short kids’ podcast.
- Whales– The biggest mammals on Earth, whales are a very intriguing animal and widely loved by all kids. But there are several popular misconceptions about Whales and we try to give a true account of these wonderful animals in this facts-based podcast.
- Turtles– Considered as one of the longest living animals with over 100 years, Turtles have been part of our stories for such a long time. Having a distinct body to protect themselves, they have some interesting facts about them. Let’s find all such amazing facts in this short kid’s podcast.
- Stingray– Stingray enjoy a very unique body shape and are easily identifiable. Present in the deep waters, these are nondangerous fishes though they have poison in their tails which they use for self-defense. Let’s find all such amazing facts in this short kid’s podcast.
- Crabs– Also known as spiders of the sea world, Crabs are very interesting animals. They used their pincers in a number of ways including for communicating. And the most unique thing about crabs is their ability to walk sideways. Let’s find our all amazing facts about crabs in this kids’ podcast.
- Sharks– Sharks are one of the most ferocious animals of the sea and are capable of instilling fear in anyone as soon as you notice their fin in the water. But do you know, not all sharks are dangerous? Let’s find out such other amazing animal facts in this kids’ podcast.
- Seahorses– Seahorses are named after horses because of their shape but they are actually a species of fishes. A specific species of Seahorse also have a world record to their name and they are also capable of changing their body colors like chameleons. Do you know how many times do they eat food in a day?
- Ducks– Ducks have a specific way of floating in the water. Belonging to the family of goose and swans, they are quite popular with kids because of the numerous kid’s characters based on them. Do you know why ducks are able to fly (not very high though) even after being in water for hours? Let’s find out such other amazing animal facts in this kids’ podcast
- Jellyfish– Their names are quite dubious as these are neither jellies nor are they fishes.
- Lobsters– Lobsters are one of the only very few species on our planet that keep on growing their entire life. Do you know lobsters can swim backward and which of their body parts help them do that? Let’s find some similar interesting facts about these amazing animals.
- Dolphins: Learn all about the Dolphins – how they interact with each other, how do they call each other and how many stomachs do dolphins have?
- Seals: Seals are semi-aquatic mammals that often reminds people of flip-flops. These carnivore species are considered to be very intelligent but with weak memory. They spend most of their time in the water and can be often seen in aquatic amusement parks. Let us learn about the largest and smallest species of seals.
In the podcast series, Animal Gyan – Encyclopedia for Kids, we will talk about air animals. An Air animal or aerial animal are those that can fly in the air. Listed below are some popular water animals that you ought to know about along with some of their fascinating characteristics.
- Parrots– Parrots are one of the most friendly animals and are commonly found as pets in the houses. So let us gather more information about these beautiful animals who are known for their sweet tone.
- Fireflies– Do you love the magical little fireflies that low in the dark? Do you know what makes them glow? If not, hear this short podcast on animal facts for kids to learn about it.
- Owls– Let’s learn a bit more about the nocturnal animals Owls and how they are able to fly without making a sound. Short animal fact podcasts for kids.
- Butterfly– These little flying animals are the favorite of all kids. Seen in the garden around flowers, they add the vibrant color to the view. Let’s find out more about the butterflies.
- Crow– These are often considered to be messengers of someone coming to our house. Let’s find a bit more about these intriguing animals.
- Hummingbird– These are cute, colorful, and considered to be one of the smallest birds. Native to the Americas, these are loved across the world. So let us know a bit more about these wonderful animals.
- Cranes– Cranes are one of the tallest flying birds and some species are also capable of changing their feather colors according to the situation. Let’s explore this podcast to learn a few other interesting facts about these great migratory birds.
- Bees– Busy Bees are the hardest working animal in the world. Would you like to find some interesting facts about these little animals like how much honey do they each produce in their lifetime and what causes their famous buzzing sound?
- Eagles– Eagle is the common name given to many large birds belonging to a particular family. Considered one of the strongest flyers, they can carry heavy weights with ease which makes them very dangerous. Let’s find out some interesting facts about these magnificent creatures in this short kid’s podcast.
- Pigeons– Pigeons, or the postman in ancient times, has an amazing directional sense. But do you know how do they manage to remember the paths so brilliantly? Let us find this and some other interesting facts about pigeons in this kid’s podcast.
- Woodpeckers– These small birds have extremely strong beaks and hence can even be called carpenters of the animal world. But do you know how many times they can hammer per second? And why even after so much of hammering they are not adversely affected? Let’s find these and some other interesting facts about these great animals Woodpeckers.
- Cuckoos– Having one of the most melodious voices in the animal kingdom, cuckoos are used as a reference when we are talking about people with great singing capabilities. But do you know that only male cuckoos have this great skill? Let’s find such more interesting facts about cuckoos in this kid’s podcast.
- Sparrows– They are little and cute birds and can be seen around us all the time. Super quick and active, they love the company of their friends and are well known in the animal kingdom for their craftsmanship while building their nests. Let’s find out these and some more interesting facts about sparrows in this kids’ podcast.
- Kingfisher– These long-beaked birds are commonly seen next to water bodies in hunt of their prey, fishes. They have amazing eyesight but their biggest weapon probably is their dagger-shaped beaks. Let’s find out more about such interesting facts about these great birds kingfishers.
- Vultures– Vultures are the scavenger birds but play a very important part in our food chain. Having more than 23 species, these are quite scary animals. Did you know their groups are named depending on the type of gathering? Also, do you know they hold a unique world record? Let’s find out all these interesting facts about these amazing animals Vultures.
- Turkey– Turkey is the common name of a country and an animal. Its name is based on a similar-looking bird in the country of Turkey and do you know, the male turkey has very attractive feathers but not the female ones? They also enjoy a great memory. Let’s hear about these and other interesting facts about this interesting animal.
- Vultures: Vultures are the scavenger birds but play a very important part in our food chain. Having more than 23 species, these are quite scary animals. Did you know their groups are named depending on the type of gathering? Also do you know they hold a unique world record? Let’s find out all these interesting facts about these amazing animals Vultures.
- Butterfly: These little flying animals are the favorite of all kids. Seen in the garden around flowers, they add vibrant color to the view. Let’s find out more about the butterflies.
- Seagulls: Seagulls are loud birds found in abundance all across the world. They are one of the rare animals that can drink saltwater. These smart animals apply hunting tricks to catch their prey. Let’s listen to their amazing tricks now!