Terms & Conditions
Lists our terms and conditions that you agree to comply with by using any of Chimes website, social handles and content on any other platforms.
Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 27 January 2023
1. Conditions Of Use
2. Accessing The Platform
Access and use our our platforms is only for people aged 18 years or over. Anyone below this age and accessing the platform must be supervised by a parent or legal guardian.
By using and registering on our app to access the content, you provide us permission to add your email ID to our newsletter distribution list (can also be subscribed to through Chimes website or here) which provides you updates on any of our latest podcasts along with other information that we believe is of interest for our users. You will have an option to unsubscribe from the distribution list at your complete discretion and links will be provided in our email correspondence to unsubscribe.
By registering on our platform or by subscribing to our newsletter via our website or any other means, you give us explicit permission to use your PII details to promote our products and services to you on your mobile, email, social handles or any other means that may be developed in the future. You also give us explicit permission to share your PII details in our sole discretion with any of our existing or future business partners with whom we either currently have business relations or may have so in the future. This will include our partnerships across content, sales, marketing, advertising, data partnerships or any other business activity.
3. Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations will be considered only if the request for refund is raised within 7 days of buying the premium subscription plan via our mobile app (Profile page).
Full refund will be issued back to the same mode of payment through which subscription was originally paid for and it may take 3-5 business days.
Any delays in processing refund due to technical issues on payment processing banks will not be under our control and we will not be liable for the same.
BLUEBALL MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT PRIVATE LIMITED will not be able to process any cancellation and refund requests after the stipulated time of 7 days from the date of buying your premium subscription.
- In case of complaints regarding orders and cancellations, you can reach out to us via our Contact Us page.
4. Referral Policy
- For generating referral link, just go to the “Share” page on Chimes mobile app and press the available button. Your unique referral code is auto generated and embedded in the link. Go on and share this link using Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook, SMS, Email or any other service that you prefer to use.
- For every confirmed subscriber who buys the Premium Plan within 30 days of using the referral link shared by you, you will get additional 3 months of free premium subscription.
- Referral extension will be applied to your subscription end date after 7 days of purchase, provided your referral doesn’t cancel their premium plan within the free 7-day cancellation period.
- Referral credit will be awarded to the referee whose link is clicked by the referral last. e.g. If referral clicks on 3rd persons referral link after clicking on 2nd persons referral link previously, then the credit of bringing in the referral will go to 3rd person only.
- In case of any questions on our referral policy, you can reach out to us via our Contact Us page.
5. Request Account Delete
- Login using your preferred method
- Go to Settings tab on the mobile app
- Click on the option “Request Account Delete”.
- Follow the steps in the app to confirm you really want to delete the account permanently.
6. Restrictions On Use of Material
7. User Generated Content
Our platform offers users an option to submit or email their own content to be reviewed, used and played on our platform. Any such content can be played or not at our sole discretion.
When you submit your content to us – either through our app, websites, emails or by any other medium – you confirm to us the following:
- That you are the lawful Intellectual Property Owner of the content and no other 3rd party has any rights whatsoever on the content which might warrant any additional permissions or royalty payments now or in future
- That you are not impersonating anyone else
- That content is not violating any applicable laws
- That it is not unlawful, promoting hatred or violence, defamatory to another person, misleading, vulgar, racist, adult in nature, confidential or otherwise objectionable to any 3rd party
- That is not aiming to distribute corrupted files, software viruses, spiders, worms or other similar objectionable files which may harm software or hardware.
- That it doesn’t contain PII data of adult or children
- That it doesn’t contain any advertising or promotional material for which you have been paid or will be paid in future
You confirm that you have accessed all the applicable risks while creating and submitting this content, sought necessary permissions, consents and clearances as required from 3rd parties and will be solely responsible and liable for any consequences or legal proceedings. Chimes do not endorse the material or opinions expressed in User Generated Content and user thus indemnifies our company, subsidiaries, offices, directors and employees, partners, affiliates from any lawsuits, losses, claims or expenses arising out of any dispute or breach of any applicable laws.
By submitting your content, you grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free, sublicensable, assignable license to, and to authorise and sublicense other persons to
- review the User Generated Content
- play, distribute, publicly perform, create derivative products, reproduce, copy, adapt, translate, commercially exploit the content in any way at our sole discretion,
- use the content in whole or in part, in current platform or any additional offerings that we build upon in future, commercial or otherwise, without further notice or compensation to you, or further permission or approval from you, and with or without attribution.
Any User Generated Content can be removed from the platform or not made available at our sole discretion and user will have no rights to make any claim.
You hereby waive any moral rights or similar rights in or to the User-Generated Content and agree not to enforce the foregoing rights against our company, subsidiaries, offices, directors and employees, partners, affiliates; and you shall procure the same agreement not to enforce the foregoing rights from others who may possess such rights
8. Competition Rules
Chimes runs various competitions throughout the year and invite participation from its esteemed listeners and general public. For any such competitions, the following rules will be applicable:
- Chimes, in its sole discretion, reserve all the rights to make changes to mentioned dates, announced prizes and submission formats for the entries.
- Requisite experts in our network will be enrolled as per their availability to judge the quality of submissions for each competition and provide their recommendations. Chimes though hold all the rights to decide the final winners as applicable.
- Each competition entry will be evaluated based on the number of factors, including but not limited to, age of participant, originality, quality, complexity of subject, narration style amongst others. Chimes aims to be as thorough as possible in its evaluation but there will always be an element of subjectivity in the process. For this reason, Chimes will not be able to provide individual feedback or comments to participants.
- Decisions announced by Chimes will be final and not subject to re-evaluation or discussions.
- For all the competitions, unless explicitly stated, participants are expected to submit a brand new content which has not been published previously on any other social media or web platform like YouTube, Instagram, Facebook etc.
- Any entry sent which is not 100% original work of the participant and is written, copyrighted or published by a 3rd party, participant competitor needs to seek their necessary approvals and also give due credit to them in their submission entry. Non-compliance in providing credits to legal copyright owners will be a certain reason for disqualification and sole responsibility of the participant.
- Any entries submitted for competitions must be done by the participant’s parent or guardian with all necessary details to contact them back. If Chimes is unable to reach the winners within 3 working days of results being announced due to a mistake in communication details while submission, the parent or guardian will be solely responsible for this and Chimes reserves the right to announce the next best entry as substitute winner and award the prize. Participant holds no rights to make a claim in a Court of Law in such a scenario.
- For competitions where announced prizes are non monetary e.g. gift items, mementos, entry passes, discount tickets etc. these cannot be substituted with equivalent cash prize under any circumstances.
- All entries received as part of the competition, whether they end up as winners or not, can be used as it-is or in edited format by Chimes in its sole discretion for marketing and advertising purposes without any additional permission or any royalty payments to the participant or their parent/guardian.
- Any entries that are submitted after the mentioned last date will be automatically disqualified and not evaluated.
- Chimes promotes its competitions through various social channels. We will not be responsible for any ID and data thefts or financial losses that may arise from virus or phishing attacks that may happen from participants use of these platforms.
- The specific mode of entry submission may vary from competition to competiton. For instance, some may request submission through our website, through our social handles or through the Chimes mobile app.
- Chimes, at its own discretion, can publish the entire entry or a summarized version of the entry on its social media pages, website or any other digital property. By sending your entry, you are giving explicit permission to Chimes and its team to do so.
- If the competition entails writing or generating audio or video content in any shape or form, then by sending your entry you are giving Chimes unconditional, royalty-free and non-revokable permission to use such content in same form or to transform it into any other medium. This content can then be used on Chimes own or any other partner distribution platform.
- In case of any legal disputes, the Courts of Gurugram in India will have the final jurisdiction on the matter.
- Chimes recommends its users to be careful while using online platforms including any social platforms and adhere to government recommendations on digital safety.
- Participants are encouraged to read the T&Cs as applicable to specific competitions and adhere to all the rules.
- Other T&Cs around using our Chimes platform should be evaluated and are deemed to be agreed by you if you send us your entry through our mobile apps.
By submitting your entry in our competition, you are agreeing by default that you accept all the above terms and conditions of the competitions and other terms as applicable for using our Chimes platforms.
9. Links to 3rd Party Websites
10. Limitation of Liability
User is using the platform at their sole risk and must themselves evaluate any associated risks and conflicts due to use of the content at their level.
Chimes team makes its best endeavors to provide the following but cannot guarantee that services delivered will be to your liking, expectations and meet all your requirements all the time. These include:
- Provide safe and convenient user experience on our platform.
- Play content which is appropriate for kids and does not include any swear or abusive words.
- Validate as soon as practical that files on our platform are safe for user to consume.
Users are strongly advised to still make their own provisions to gauge risks and ensure that they are not exposing themselves to any unwanted and malicious software/spams/spiders which may harm your devices temporarily or permanently.
By continuing to use the platform, you confirm that you will not be holding our company, offices, subsidiaries, directors, employees and affiliates responsible or liable for any such loss due to breach of expectations or damage to digital devices or its data.P