Terms & Conditions
Lists our terms and conditions that you agree to comply with by using any of Chimes Radio apps, website and other platforms.
Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Use
Please read these Terms & Conditions of use carefully before using Chimes Radio™ platforms. While we try our best to ensure safety and security of your Personally Identifiable Information (PII) data but we work with several 3rd party suppliers and hosting companies and are limited to some extent in what we can control.
Accessing the platform
Access and use our our platforms is only for people aged 18 years or over. Anyone below this age and accessing the platform must be supervised by a parent or legal guardian.
By using and registering on our app to access the content, you provide us permission to add your email ID to our newsletter distribution list which provides you updates on any of our latest podcasts along with other information that we believe is of interest for our users. You will have an option to unsubscribe from the distribution list at your complete discretion and links will be provided in our email correspondence to unsubscribe.
Restrictions on Use of Materials
Our platforms (www.chimesradio.com website and mobile apps) are owned and operated by BlueBall Media and Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. Except as expressly provided herein, no material from these platform or any other platform owned, operated, licensed or controlled by BlueBall Media and Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. You confirm that you will not use any content from the platforms commercially without explicit permission from us. Chimesradio.com, Chimes Radio™ and BlueBall Media and Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. are sometimes hereinafter collectively referred to as “us” or “we” or “our.”
Unless explicitly stated in writing, no digital assets (music, jingles, logos, text, images, designs, graphics, videos, animations and their arrangement etc.) from our platforms is to be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. All of our digital assets are intellectual property of BlueBall Media and Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. or our 3rd party Media Partners and subject to Indian Copyrights Act,1957.
User Generated Content
Our platform offers users an option to submit or email their own content to be reviewed, used and played on our platform. Any such content can be played or not at our sole discretion.
When you submit your content to us – either through our app, websites, emails or by any other medium – you confirm to us the following:
- That you are the lawful Intellectual Property Owner of the content and no other 3rd party has any rights whatsoever on the content which might warrant any additional permissions or royalty payments now or in future
- That you are not impersonating anyone else
- That content is not violating any applicable laws
- That it is not unlawful, promoting hatred or violence, defamatory to another person, misleading, vulgar, racist, adult in nature, confidential or otherwise objectionable to any 3rd party
- That is not aiming to distribute corrupted files, software viruses, spiders, worms or other similar objectionable files which may harm software or hardware.
- That it doesn’t contain PII data of adult or children
- That it doesn’t contain any advertising or promotional material for which you have been paid or will be paid in future
You confirm that you have accessed all the applicable risks while creating and submitting this content, sought necessary permissions, consents and clearances as required from 3rd parties and will be solely responsible and liable for any consequences or legal proceedings. Chimes Radio do not endorse the material or opinions expressed in User Generated Content and user thus indemnifies our company, subsidiaries, offices, directors and employees, partners, affiliates from any lawsuits, losses, claims or expenses arising out of any dispute or breach of any applicable laws.
By submitting your content, you grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free, sublicensable, assignable license to, and to authorise and sublicense other persons to
- review the User Generated Content
- play, distribute, publicly perform, create derivative products, reproduce, copy, adapt, translate, commercially exploit the content in any way at our sole discretion,
- use the content in whole or in part, in current platform or any additional offerings that we build upon in future, commercial or otherwise, without further notice or compensation to you, or further permission or approval from you, and with or without attribution.
Any User Generated Content can be removed from the platform or not made available at our sole discretion and user will have no rights to make any claim.
You hereby waive any moral rights or similar rights in or to the User-Generated Content and agree not to enforce the foregoing rights against our company, subsidiaries, offices, directors and employees, partners, affiliates; and you shall procure the same agreement not to enforce the foregoing rights from others who may possess such rights.
Chimes Radio runs various competitions throughout the year and invite participation from its esteemed listeners and general public. For any such competitions, the following rules will be applicable:
- Chimes Radio, in its sole discretion, reserve all the rights to make changes to mentioned dates, announced prizes and submission formats for the entries.
- Requisite experts in our network will be enrolled as per their availability to judge the quality of submissions for each competition and provide their recommendations. Chimes Radio though hold all the rights to decide the final winners as applicable.
- Each competition entry will be evaluated based on the number of factors, including but not limited to, age of participant, originality, quality, complexity of subject, narration style amongst others. Chimes Radio aims to be as thorough as possible in its evaluation but there will always be an element of subjectivity in the process. For this reason, Chimes Radio will not be able to provide individual feedback or comments to participants.
- Decisions announced by Chimes Radio will be final and not subject to re-evaluation or discussions.
- For all the competitions, unless explicitly stated, participants are expected to submit a brand new content which has not been published previously on any other social media or web platform like YouTube, Instagram, Facebook etc.
- Any entry sent which is not 100% original work of the participant and is written, copyrighted or published by a 3rd party, participant competitor needs to seek their necessary approvals and also give due credit to them in their submission entry. Non-compliance in providing credits to legal copyright owners will be a certain reason for disqualification.
- Any entries submitted for competitions must be done by the participant’s parent or guardian with all necessary details to contact them back. If Chimes Radio is unable to reach the winners within 3 working days of results being announced due to a mistake in communication details while submission, the parent or guardian will be solely responsible for this and Chimes Radio reserves the right to announce the next best entry as substitute winner and award the prize. Participant holds no rights to make a claim in a Court of Law in such a scenario.
- For competitions where announced prizes are non monetary e.g. gift items, mementos, entry passes, discount tickets etc. these cannot be substituted with equivalent cash prize under any circumstances.
- All entries received as part of the competition, whether they end up as winners or not, can be used as it-is or in edited format by Chimes Radio in its sole discretion for marketing and advertising purposes without any additional permission from the participant or their parent/guardian.
- Any entries that are submitted after the mentioned last date will be automatically disqualified and not evaluated.
- Other T&Cs around using our Chimes Radio platform should be evaluated and are deemed to be agreed by you if you send us your entry through our mobile apps.
- Chimes Radio promotes its competitions through various social channels. We will not be responsible for any ID and data thefts or financial losses that may arise from virus or phishing attacks that may happen from participants use of these platforms.
- Chimes Radio recommends its users to be careful while using online platforms including any social platforms and adhere to government recommendations on digital safety.
- Participants are encouraged to read the T&Cs as applicable to specific competitions and adhere to all the rules.
By submitting your entry in our competition, you are agreeing by default that you accept all the above terms and conditions of the competitions and other terms as applicable for using our Chimes Radio platforms.
Links to 3rd Party Websites
Limitation of Liability
User is using the platform at their sole risk and must themselves evaluate any associated risks and conflicts due to use of the content at their level.
Chimes Radio™ team makes its best endeavors to provide the following but cannot guarantee that services delivered will be to your liking, expectations and meet all your requirements all the time.
- provide safe and convenient user experience on our platform
- play content which is appropriate for kids and does not include any swear or abusive words
- validate as soon as practical that files on our platform are safe for user to consume.
Users are strongly advised to still make their own provisions to gauge risks and ensure that they are not exposing themselves to any unwanted and malicious software/spams/spiders which may harm your devices temporarily or permanently.
By continuing to use the platform, you confirm that you will not be holding our company, offices, subsidiaries, directors, employees and affiliates responsible or liable for any such loss due to breach of expectations or damage to digital devices or its data.